Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

American Wedding

On the 29th March my little brother (well not little in height!) got married to his beautiful wife in a cute little white church in a small town in West Virginia USA. Up until about 4 weeks before the wedding I didn't think I would be going, but after some chatting with Drew we decided that I couldn't miss his wedding so I got the credit card out and booked my flights over!

As we had been living in Spain for 3 months the first leg of my journey involved getting back to the UK. After flying from Spain to Newcastle, to the in-laws, I quickly packed up some clothes and caught a train to Fife to my mum and dad's house. It was all very exciting, especially for my Gran who had never been to America before. Early the next morning we made our way to Edinburgh airport for our flight to Paris where we would change onto the Airbus A380 to Washington DC. The flight to Washington was great, the food was actually really nice and the TV screen provided hours of entertainment - I watched some films, tv shows and played sudoko! Honestly if you are worried about a long flight, don't be! It was actually quite enjoyable to sit back and watch some movies and catch up on some sleep.





After landing in Washington DC out journey was far from over as we still had a 7 hour drive to where my brother lives. Luckily we were travelling in luxury...



Our snazzy car

After about 20 hours of travelling we finally arrived at my brother's apartment in the small town of Montgomery, West Virginia. It was so good to arrive at our final destination, see John and meet their cute kittens Mia and Ella (Note - now they have expanded their family with another kitten and a puppy!)

Mia
Ella


After a few hours sleep the wedding fun began with a girls afternoon at the nail salon and lunch at the mall - oh so American! We then joined the bride's family for a fun evening of baby pictures, wine, pizza & chocolate.

The Big Day!

The big day arrived and everyone was so excited and full of emotions. Once we were all ready we Alex's mum picked up in a pick up truck - wish I had a picture of my mum, gran and me trying to climb into this thing in dresses - it was hilarious!

The ceremony was held in a little church in Charleston and it was so beautiful. I am not religious but I thought the way the minister told stories about John and Alex was lovely and gave the ceremony a real personal touch.

Just Married!
After the ceremony and lots of photos we headed back to the hotel for cocktail hour and the reception. The room was decorated beautifully with these really cool photo frames with pics of John and Alex as kids as the centre pieces.



After a yummy meal, dancing, drinking and wedding cake we were exhausted so we headed back to our hotel for an Appletini (basically only wanted one because of JD in Scrubs! haha) and then me and my mum decorated the newly-weds room with lots of cute flowers and chocolates!





Next read about what we got up to in West Virginia and about our trip to New York!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin